"Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don't complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don't bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality. Wake Up and Live! Bob Marley."
Training and experience
I am a BACP Accredited counsellor (Accredited Member of British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapists, UKRCP Registered Independent Counsellor) and adhere to the guidelines of their code of ethics, good practice and am bound by its ethical framework for good practice in counselling and Psychotherapy.
• Foundation Degree in Person-Centred Counselling (FdA), Middlesex University
• Accredited Member of The British Association For Counselling and Psychotherapy
• UKRCP Registered Independent Counsellor/Psychotherapist
Humanistic Therapies and Person-Centred Counselling
I offer counselling/therapy sessions in English and Gujarati.
I ensure that I work according to my client’s individual needs and where necessary combine my experience which I have gained at various agencies with my Person Centred approach.
I have counselling skills which I feel reflects my personality which is sensitive, caring, respecting each clients and most of all, valuing my clients and drawing the best out of them which enables them to talk to me without any fear of judgements or trust in me.
Working with adults, couples and young people
I have gained an in-depth understanding of the pressure clients are under, balancing work and personal life while working for local government. I am aware of the stress young adults undergo due to their cultural upbringing.
I successfully facilitated and offered counselling support to a group at the WISH centre. As a counsellor, my role was to help mothers and their children to live their lives independently after leaving their violent partners. This gave me a lot of experience in working with families and families who suffered from domestic abuse. This in turn inspired me to do my research paper on domestic abuse and the impact it has on our children.
I have intensive counselling experience working with clients from different backgrounds, with many differing needs and requirements whilst working for agencies specialising in areas such as:
• Long term mental and physical health difficulties, struggle with paranoia
• Bereavement and loss
• Traumatic experience
• Feeling stuck and fed up
• Depression and anxiety
• Compulsive behaviours
• Eating disorders
• Childhood trauma
• Domestic abuse
• Low self-esteem
• Self harm
• Panic attacks and phobias
• Managing anger
• Family issues
• Clients not being able to cope as carers
• New mums struggling to cope
• Cultural issues which they were very sensitive to and could not be discussed within the family
• Relationships difficulties
• Relationship between young adults and their parents and many other unspecified obstacles they were unable to avoid and cope with alone
• Relationship difficulties between partners
• Parents not able to understand each other or their children due to their own marital issues, financial difficulties and therefore their children suffered severe panic attacks, low self esteem and their behaviour at school affected their education.
If you're reading this, it is likely that either you or someone you know could benefit from seeking counselling/therapy support. I offer counselling in English and Gujarati in the Kenton, Kingsbury, Harrow, Edgware, Stanmore, South Harrow, Harrow Weald, Wembley, Harlesden, Swiss Cottage, West Hampstead and Kilburn. You can either email or call me.